Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Final Part 1: Interdisciplinary Project Summary

Final: Part 1

Interdisciplinary Project Summary

 The topic my group focused on was Fitness and Nutrition, the essential question my group was assigned was Should parents be penalized for their children that have diabetes, obesity, etc? my group consisted of  Fatima, Lissbeth, Clarisa, Sevastian, Matthew, and myself. We believe Parents should not be penalized because these diseases don't always occur because of not eating healthy these occur because first it can already be in your body because of genetics, it's not always the parents fault it's sometimes the children's fault because they as teenagers still haven't taken responsibility of their body, and third some parents can't always afford healthy and nutritious options for their family. In my opinion I believe our group did a very good job in saying who's doing which parts of project. At first it was very stressful for me because I also had other things due in other classes, but then it got to the point where I started managing the time correctly. People can agree with me on this one, the scariest and most nerve wrecking part of the project was when it was finally the day of the showcase. Having to present in front of professionals is really scary, although we made sure we got the most accurate information possible we didn't know if they were going to ask questions and if we were going to be able to answer them. When it finally got to the time our group had to present I was very nervous because 2 of our members were running late and we didn't know if they were going to make it or not luckily they did. We had two professionals on our panel of four the other being Ms.Orozco and the other being Ms. Porter. The first professionals was a woman her job was a scientist, the second a man who was a registered nurse. Lastly, my group did a very great job and we worked together to make sure it was the best that we can do. Next semester I hope to do better because of the experience I had this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment